Friday, October 19, 2007

Special Days


As I said in my last Post I attended a funeral for a young girl. The Pastor spoke about how important our support was to the parents. I know this from personal experience from when we lost our son. I don't know what we would have done without the support of those around us. The Pastor reminded everyone not to forget the parents during days to come and the special days that can be especially difficult; Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthdays, the day they died etc. etc. This is important information for anyone who wishes to minister to those in grief. It takes a really special person to remember those dates. I'm still amazed at the people that remember Aaron, who give my wife a Rose on mothers day, who mention to me the anniversary of Aaron's death. This past year, the anniversary was on 7/7/7. A day that many couples chose for their wedding. Aaron always said he would get married on 7/11 so he would never forget his anniversary. Instead we buried him on that day. For me seeing all these couples who were getting married on 7/7/7 was sad for me. I knew my son would never get married, or have children, and we would never have grandchildren. I think I would have made a good grandfather. Well I'm getting morose now. I just intended to encourage you to remember those special days. I think you get the point. To all those that have been there for us, thanks for remembering.

No comments: